June 2015 - present:
Post-doctoral researcher at the Goethe-Universität, Frankfurt am Main.
March 2014 - May 2015: Ecotoxicologist in Regulatory Science, Scientific Consulting Company GmbH, Bad Kreuznach, 55545 Germany
October 2013 – March 2014: Research Scientist (6 month contract) in the Environment Department at The University of York (UK), working on the Defra funded peatland project (BD5104) investigating different management possibilities for heather dominated blanket bog vegetation and their impact on plant biodiversity, carbon sequestration and water regulation.
May 2013 – September 2013: Research Scientist (short-term contract) in the Environment Department at the University of York (UK) working on a NERC funded catalyst project that investigated the environmental costs and benefits of resource recovery approaches for nanomaterials in future waste streams.
October 2009 - July
2013: PhD (Environmental Risks of Polymers and their Degradation Products) based at The Food and Environment Research Agency (UK)
investigated the environmental degradation of plastic materials and the ecotoxicological effects of their degradation products and included the following:
• An in-depth review of the environmental occurrence, degradation and effects of plastic materials.
• Outdoor microcosm studies to investigate the degradation of polymers at, a) different times of the year, and b) under different environmental condition (e.g. in freshwater and marine water).
• Mathematical modelling of degradation patterns.
• The characterisation of changes in latex chemical functionality.
• The development of methods to quantify the formation of fragmented latex particles in the nano-size range.
• The development of methods to characterise the formation of non-volatile, semi-volatile and volatile compounds formed during the degradation process.
• Laboratory experiments to evaluate the ecotoxicological effects of formed degradation products using a range of aquatic organisms, to assess both acute and chronic endpoints.
Lambert, S. Sinclair, CJ. Boxall, AB. (2014). Occurrence, degradation, and effects of polymer-based materials in the environment. Reviews of Environmental Contamination and Toxicology. 227. 1-53. DOI: 10.1007/978-3-319-01327-5_1
Lambert, S. Sinclair, CJ. Bradley, EL. Boxall, AB. (2013). Effects of environmental conditions on latex degradation in aquatic systems. Science of the Total Environment. 447. 225-234. doi: 10.1016/j.scitotenv.2012.12.067.
Lambert, S. Sinclair, CJ. Bradley, EL. Boxall, AB. (2013). Environmental fate of processed natural rubber latex. Environmental Science: Processes and Impacts. 15. (7). 1359-1369. doi: 10.1039/c3em00192j
Lambert, S. Sinclair, CJ. Boxall, AB. (2013). Do natural rubber latex condoms cause environmental risks? Environmental Science: Processes and Impacts. 15. (12). 2312-2320. doi: 10.1039/c3em00422h.